We all dread going out again to the gym after a tiring day at work. It becomes more challenging during the winter and in some countries in summer because of the heat. So the only solution is to not work out at all, which is unhealthy or start working out at home.
Many consider working out at him difficult without motivation or proper gear, but it isn’t as complicated as it may seem. Let us share some great reasons, tips, and tricks to motivate you to start working out at home.
Why Should You Work out at Home?
- Your Schedule – You can manage your workout at your time, in the morning or after work; you are the king. No more worrying about missing out if you have to work late.
- Dress as You Like – Wearing baggy Tees with polka dot PJs? Yes, you can! No more wearing makeup and dressing up for a workout.
- No Gym Germs – You know how clean you are at home and will keep everything clean after a workout. At the gym, you never know who brings more germs and if the floor or bench lacks any.
- Take Your Time – You are not showing off to anyone as you do these workouts for your health. You won’t feel any peer pressure and will take as many breathers as you want. Take each workout at your own pace.
- Physical and Mental Health – You are at a familiar place and know you don’t have to face others while working out. Play the music as loud as you like and work out whenever. Most of us get anxious in crowded places, so working out at home is as healthy for your mind as it is for your body and fitness.
Best Dos and Don’ts of Working Out
Following are some great tips for those that should consider scheduling workouts at home, taken from the experts in the industry.
- Do – Workout Schedule – Keeping and following a proper workout schedule will keep you motivated and consistent. Working out in the morning will keep you fresh all day because most working-class people find working out after work a chore.
- Don’t – Setting Unrealistic Goals – Start with what your body can manage as if you start working out daily, you will have more cramps than you wished for. Keep days to a minimum when starting, and gradually increase workout days and intensity. Let your body adjust.
- Do – Set a Purpose – Every time you start a workout, you should know your goal and how much you want to achieve today. Setting small goals will keep you motivated and grounded.
- Don’t – Don’t Get Intimidated – Nobody judges you at home, so you can cut yourself slack. While most will say watching others work out motivates you more, this is not the case for everyone. Most of us are intimidated easily in gyms seeing what we cannot quickly achieve.
- Do – Maintain a Workout Space – Many of us might not have a proper space to keep for working out but choose somewhere you can enjoy. Next to a window, in the garden, on your balcony with enough air needed, or where you feel most comfortable. If you need to change your workout space, organize your workout stuff the night before, so it doesn’t become a chore.
- Don’t – Forget Your Pre- and Post-Workout Routine – While we have mentioned dressing as you like in one of the benefits above, wear proper gym clothing to keep motivated and keep on track. Dressing appropriately is as necessary for proper stretching and exercise movement as it is for keeping you fresh each time you do. Take a proper batch and post-workout meal after you are done. It doesn’t matter if you work out in a gym or at home; routine is routine.
How to Keep Yourself Motivated to Workout at Home?
So now you know why you should work out at home and things to avoid, but the most important thing is how to keep yourself motivated.
- Group Up – Start a group of friends that can work out together. Whether alternating between each other’s homes or using Zoom to join a workout session virtually. This habit and practice can hold each other accountable and share what works best for you. A group can help iron out each others mistakes and guide each other if one member is more experienced.
- Push Yourself – No one will motivate you more than what you want from life and keeping a healthy body. Ask a friend or join an online class if you can’t do it alone. You can simply start watching a course session that can help you come back for more.
- Keep a Backup – Somedays, you are too tired or must stay late at work. If you know this beforehand, have short bursts of walking briskly whenever you have time. Doing the walk 2-3 times during the day, you will have a healthy workout instead of not doing anything at all. If you can, doing a few pushups and squats instead of walking also will keep your body in a routine.
- Watch and Learn – There are tons of coaches and gurus that post-workout routines online. You can watch and learn from the best. There are tons of people sharing their workouts who are just as average joes as you are, so you can get inspiration from their workout and struggle.
- Listening to Something – Some love to hear thumping music while others melodies to soothe their body for the workout. Others love hearing e-books to finish the next chapter of the book they love. Hearing motivational podcasts can also instill joy and motivation, depending on what you enjoy most.
Our lives have become so busy that sometimes we are no less than robots, and that’s why working is that much more necessary. Keeping a job and managing your resources is part of life, but working out keeps you healthy and that much more motivated and relaxed in achieving your daily goals. No one expects you to start making things happen from this article, but choosing a few mentioned here is an excellent start to staying in a routine.